Brokenhearted 16-Year-Old Senior Parson Rat Terrier Surrendered To Kill Shelter


Mandy is 16-years-old and is truly brokenhearted. The adorable Parson Rat terrier lies in her little bed at the Carson Animal Care Center staring at the wall; the senior seems to know she has been abandoned, and as she quietly shivers in fear, perhaps she wonders what she did wrong. Just watching Mandy’s short video, one can sense her confusion and the unmistakable depression already setting in.

Mandy was surrendered to the shelter on March 21. Her intake notes reflect the following comments:



“My former family who owned me for more than 5 years had to give me up because But they said that I spend most of my time indoors. I seem to be good with small children. I am house trained. I am good on a leash. I may need obedience class. I seem to get along well with dogs.”

Check here for Mandy’s Pet Harbor listing. “My name is Mandy and I am described as a spayed female, white Parson (Jack) Russell Terrier mix. The shelter thinks I am about 16 years old. I have been at the shelter since Mar 21, 2017.” For more information about this animal, call Los Angeles County Animal Control – Carson at (310) 523-9566. Ask for information about animal ID number A3444795.

Share Mandy’s plight with approved rescue organizations, family, friends and social media contacts. Sharing saves lives, and every life counts. Senior dogs have more difficulty finding homes, but age truly doesn’t matter in return for having a best friend who promises never to reveal one’s most hidden secrets. Instead – Mandy is ready to be loved once again and could be just waiting for you. Please help.

Carson Shelter, Gardena, California
216 Victoria Street, Gardena, California
310.523.9566. Interested in fostering? If you are in LA, OC, SB, or Riverside County and can foster this dog, please take a moment to email CarsonfosterS@gmail.com ASAP to request an application. It would save their life!


SIMPLE act as share/networking this story on Facebook or Twitter are really WORKS to help. Our networking will give them more exposure in the hope a good rescue or adopter will see a post that is shared and save the dog's life.
Thank you!
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+